I’m off! Today is the day I have been longing for – for months – the first day of the summer holiday!
I am off to spend 3 delicious weeks in a summer-house by the sea.
I can hardly wait.
I am so excited and at the same time I know it’s important to plan ahead, so that we make the most of it. Successful holidays don’t just happen. Holidays can be disappointing! We all have expectations and dreams and they may not turn out the way we wished, hoped and longed for. Unfulfilled expectations cause stress and disappointment!
The time leading up to the holidays can be particularly stressful.
We all need our holidays – to recharge, rejuvenate and fill ourselves with new energy.
So how can we increase our chances of fulfilling it …
This is “my” plan for a stress-free summer:
- Unplug. Actually turn of all electronics and be out of reach. Yes, no need to check emails, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogs etc.
- Mindfulness – live in the moment. Practice mindfulness, breathe, and be in the moment.
- Meditate – to reconnect with myself through daily mediations
- Read books – instead of computers and internet, I want to read great books, in the shade …..
- No plans – be spontaneous. No schedules, just feel the flow and be part of it.
- Play – God yes, be crazy, play let go, have fun, look silly
- Bare feet – connect to the earth and the ground -lots of research on this …. great idea.
- Go slow – nothing I need to do or nothing I need to get to – just inhale the moment – remember to stop and smell the roses.
“Every Sweet-scented rose tells from it’s heart the secrets of heaven and earth” –Rumi
I know this will not be easy and I am sure I will have withdrawal issues for a while 🙂 But I also know how vital, how crucial, it is to disconnect to reconnect – and recharge.
” And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair”
I hope you have a wonderful holiday!