I’m off! Today is the day I have been longing for – for months – the first day of the summer holiday!
I am off to spend 3 delicious weeks in a summer-house by the sea.
I can hardly wait.
I am so excited and at the same time I know it’s important to plan ahead, so that we make the most of it. Successful holidays don’t just happen. Holidays can be disappointing! We all have expectations and dreams and they may not turn out the way we wished, hoped and longed for. Unfulfilled expectations cause stress and disappointment!
The time leading up to the holidays can be particularly stressful.
We all need our holidays – to recharge, rejuvenate and fill ourselves with new energy.
So how can we increase our chances of fulfilling it …
This is “my” plan for a stress-free summer:
- Unplug. Actually turn of all electronics and be out of reach. Yes, no need to check emails, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogs etc.
- Mindfulness – live in the moment. Practice mindfulness, breathe, and be in the moment.
- Meditate – to reconnect with myself through daily mediations
- Read books – instead of computers and internet, I want to read great books, in the shade …..
- No plans – be spontaneous. No schedules, just feel the flow and be part of it.
- Play – God yes, be crazy, play let go, have fun, look silly
- Bare feet – connect to the earth and the ground -lots of research on this …. great idea.
- Go slow – nothing I need to do or nothing I need to get to – just inhale the moment – remember to stop and smell the roses.
“Every Sweet-scented rose tells from it’s heart the secrets of heaven and earth” –Rumi
I know this will not be easy and I am sure I will have withdrawal issues for a while 🙂 But I also know how vital, how crucial, it is to disconnect to reconnect – and recharge.
” And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair”
I hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Enjoy your Holiday to the fylliet, Anne! It is important to disconnect from time to time!
Enjoy & relax,…..! ☺
Thank you Sophie – just back after 3 beautiful weeks of Danish summer 🙂
Hope you are well my friend!
Love this post, Anne! You have a fun and relaxing summer 🙂
Thank you Amy – It was fun, super relaxing and I loved every minute. Now ready for it all 🙂
So delightfully enticing! Look forward to your posts about it. You will share, won’t you? 🙂
Oh yes 🙂 I am just catching up and getting back into the rythm…
Lady, I am IN ENVY!! Sounds as if you are going to do this vacation thing just right! Have a wonderful time!
I’ve been away for a while and it is so nice to catch up with your blog. Beautiful words and beautiful pictures as always. Good for you to get the opportunity to go on holiday and relax – have a wonderful time and recharge. I desperately need some recharging as well. Soak in some sunshine, meditate, sleep, eat well, enjoy every moment.
Thank you my friend! I hope you are able to relax and recharge this summer too!
I’m so glad that you have the chance to relax and recharge Anne. You deserve it! Can you do double those things for me please?
I doubled it all for you dear Cass 🙂
You make me want to run away to the great outdoors. Your blog is adorable.