Millions are diagnosed with cancer all over the world, every year. We all know people with cancer, we all know people who have died of cancer. Many of us know people with cancer in our immediate family. Some of us even have personal experience with cancer, or maybe even you are fighting the disease right now.
Cancer is everywhere.
“You have cancer” must be THE most frightening diagnosis the doctor could ever give us. Most of us are rightfully terrified of cancer.
This past year, I have heard of 7 cases in my family and close circle of friends, 7 cases! And more examples come up as I write this post.Even as a young girl I had a boy friend who died of cancer. I cry every time I hear of someone dying of cancer and I ask myself, why? Why is it that so many people get sick with cancer, nowadays?
Is there anything we can do to actively fight and prevent these diseases? I firmly believe that’s possible!
Here are 6 inspiring sources of information that can help you to be an active participant in fighting cancer and other diseases.
During my own healing journey I have come across many incredible stories of people who have healed diseases naturally and it is literally fascinating!
Can we actually do something to create an environment within the body that can help prevent cancer or stop it from spreading? Is it possible to support the body to heal on its own? And hereby add a powerful supplement to what the doctors can do for us?
According to these studies – yes it is possible!
In this post I will look at some very inspiring sources of information. This is information that everyone should know about. Information to help us prevent diseases like cancer and to create the worst possible condition for cancer cells in the body to spread. It is information that brings hope – that we can assist our bodies in healing and be an active participant, by giving it what it needs to fight disease and heal.
- The book The China Study by T. Colin Campbell, PhD and Thomas M. Campbell , MD. This book is such an incredibly important book about the relationship between diet and disease. It is the research and story about how we can reverse diseases like heart disease, diabetes and cancer!! Dr Colin Campbell’s research is ground-breaking and life-saving!
The title comes from that Dr. Campbell found in his research that certain rule areas in China, cancer is non-existent! He obviously wanted to find out why and eventually discovered that in some areas the people ate very little or no meat and no processed food. He found that there is a direct link between animal protein and cancer. Chapter 3 in the book is called “Turning off Cancer” – the research in the book is evident. There is a connection between the food we eat and the diseases we get. It is also evident that it is possible to reverse these diseases and we can do that by taking the reins and be active participants in our own healing.
- Kris Carr is a living testimonial of this. She was diagnosed with cancer in the liver and the lungs! She was told, “Sorry, no cure”, and given very short time to live . Today it is 10 years since Kris was diagnosed with that incurable disease, Cancer, and she is living proof that it is possible to turn cancer off! She did turn cancer off, and is fitter than she has ever been. As a journalist diagnosed with cancer she documented her very private journey with cancer from the point that she was diagnosed and then her journey onward. She is also the author of two wonderful New York Times Bestselling books – “Crazy Sexy Cancer” and “Crazy Sexy Diet”. She is an incredible woman, so inspiring she will knock your socks off and I highly recommend her work. She has been and continues to be my hero and my inspiration. An amazing woman!
- Food Matters is an incredible documentary about the food we eat and the connection between diet and disease. Food Matters have made 2 very powerful documentaries, one is called “Food Matters” and the other “Hungry for Change”. I highly recommend these movies. They are mind-blowing .
- “Forks over Knives” another incredible documentary based on the work of Dr. T. Colin Campbell’s research – another mind blowing documentary that will change not only the way you look at food but probably your life. It is a documentary that saves lives! It tells how we can reverse diseases like heart disease, diabetes and cancer!
- Dr Otto Warburg won the Nobel Prize in 1931 for his discovery that cancer is caused by weakened cell respiration due to lack of oxygen at a cellular level. He discovered that in the absence of oxygen, the cell reverts to a primal nutritional program and nourishes itself by converting glucose through fermentation. This creates an acidic condition in the body and the cancer cells then begin to multiply. Cancer cells are anaerobic, they cannot live in an environment rich in oxygen. When we eat plant based foods we assist our bodies to be more alkaline – also meaning more aerobic, which cancer cells cannot live in!
This is the trailer for Kris Carr’s inspiring documentary
This is the trailer for Food Matter’s
This is the trailer for Forks over Knives – a documentary that leaves you empowered, because you learn there is so much you can do to heal!
This is an inspiring YouTube about a young lady who cured herself of ovarian cancer
Links to books and relevant websites
Kris Carr and her Crazy Sexy Cancer
Crazy Sexy diet by Kris Carr
Victoria Boutenko, Green for Life
This is great news! This means we can be grateful and accept all the doctors can do to help us heal – and at the same time, take the reins and go full power into doing whatever possible, ourselves, to create the very best conditions for the body to heal, by boosting the body with nutrients, healthy plant-based alkaline foods, fresh green juices and lots of green smoothies.
Kris Carr’s books “Crazy Sexy Cancer” and “Crazy Sexy Diet” are full of tips and great advise on how to alkalize your body and boost your health, to create optimal conditions for your body to heal.
I hope this post will inspire you to take the rains and be an activist for your own health – to prevent disease, to heal and to flourish.
Thank you for this informative post my friend, it is necessary in today’s world where unfortunately so many people are diagnosed!
One day I hope cancer will be a thing of the past!
Choc Chip Uru
Yes that would be fantastic – a world without cancer!!
Thank you Uru 🙂
What a great post, Anne. The driving force(s) for eating the way that I do is to avoid cancer, avoid disease, avoid the hospital!
Thank you Annie! I agree, that is a great driving force – and I also LOVE the way you feel when you eat like this – content and fulfilled 🙂
I applaud you for standing up and saying something about it. People have gotta figure out that the cure for cancer is not some miracle transfusion, but prevention through diet and exercise.
Thank you Somer!
It is hard to believe it, till you try it and both see and feel the difference in your body.
Wonderful post, Anne! You know I’m a little biased where Crazy Sexy Cancer is concerned 😛 In all seriousness, such important stuff here…great share!
There is a good reason to be biased, she is brilliant and she is a lucky girl too – working with you!
I think her story is powerful and I think she was so brave sharing it like she did – I love her for that!
So very true. Beautifully worded! Prevention is the best way, always!
Thank you Cassandra!! XX
I’m all with you on this matter, and I too can whole-heartedly recommend anyone who cares about their health or the the health of their family so sit down and watch “Foodmatters” right now! I was conscious about my food already, but watching this documentary truly changed the way I eat – hence, it changed my life.
Did you see “Forks over Knives” yet? It is an incredible movie – and the China study, is a must – you will love it Sabine 🙂
I’ll be sure to pick that one up – I’ve heard so much about it, so I guess it’s time to finally read it 🙂 And the movie too. Great recommendations, Anne, thank you so much! 🙂
Thank you so much for your effort of putting the information together in one post! Great post!
Thank you Amy!!
There have been a lot of articles along these lines re