After I started drinking smoothies my cravings stopped – well not completely true, my carvings for the food that was not good for me stopped and instead I started to crave more greens. My mouth was literally watering when I went through the department of fresh fruits and vegetables in the supermarket.
In my searches, I ran into the concept of “Raw Food”, plant-based foods, leafy greens, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds which have not been heated above 42F . Healthy as can be! This food is so tasty it will make your taste buds dance and at the same time it is fun and beautiful too. This is healthy gourmet! I fell in love with the concept and started exchanging some of my meals with these healthy options. I was amazed with how I felt after a Raw Food meal – I didn’t feel like heading for the sofa to take a nap or opening my trousers because I ate too much, I did not feel bloated and heavy. I did not feel I missed out on something, neither did I feel that I had deprived my self of anything. I was satisfied. There had been a party in my mouth. At the same time I felt alive ready to spunk and have some fun. It was quite a remarkable difference compared to eating a sandwich loaded with meat, cheese and condiments accompanied by a coke.
In the summer Raw food is so satisfying and in the winter I also make delicious plant based meals that have been cooked. There are so many possibilities and an abundance of amazing recipes out there that I was inspired by when I first went in my own kitchen to explore and create new favourites.
The list of benefits for adding more plant based food into our diets are endless but to name a few important ones:
- You give your body the best foundation for being vibrant and healthy
- You give your body the best food to make it strong and capable of fighting potential disease
- You will loose weight if you need it
- You give your body the best brain food to feel emotionally strong and in balance
- You get more energy
- You sleep better
- you think clearer
- You lower your cholesterol
- You prevent heart disease
- You stabilize your blood sugar
So whats next?
- drink green smoothies during the day
- exchange some of your meals with plant based foods. It can be one meal a day or 3 meals a day – even one meal a week will make a difference.
- Bring awareness to how you feel after a meal